Are you currently running a Magento online store in the UK and considering switching to Shopify Plus? Here is how to get started with platform migration!
There are many reasons why one would consider moving from Magento to Shopify Plus:
- Managing your own web hosting and an in-house development team is expensive and time-consuming
- Save money on server fees
- Tired of moving your product, order, and customer data each time Magento releases a new update/version.
These are some of the common reasons UK-based businesses decide to switch from Magento to Shopify Plus.
Shopify Plus vs Magento Enterprise:
- Server and Database: Magento is a self-hosted ecommerce solution while Shopify Plus is a cloud-based and fully-hosted ecommerce platform. Magento requires that you maintain security and host your own server. Shopify experts manage server administration for your online store.
- License Fees: Magento’s license fees start from $4000/month while Shopify’s fees start from $2000.
- Server & CDN Cost: With Magento, this is an extra cost or $1000 a month while in Shopify Plus the server and CDN cost is included in the license fee.
- Security & SSL Certification: With Magento, you are required to update your SSL certificate. Shopify is a fully hosted solution, meaning Shopify Plus will never require you to do updates by yourself like on Magento.
- PCI Compliance: With Magento, you will need to ensure you are compliant with the PCI DSS (Data Security Standards). If your online store is processing over 20.000 transaction levels a tear, you will have to meet the standards of PCI Compliance Level 3. Shopify Plus is PCI compliant and your store is automatically PCI compliant.
- Mobile Friendly: Both platforms are mobile friendly and highly customizable.
- Wholesale Ordering: Magento 1 and 2 offer wholesale ordering extensions that allow you to install this option on your online store. Shopify Plus includes the wholesale feature for free. You can also give your wholesalers access to specific price lists.
The main reason that holds back businesses on Magento moving to Shopify Plus is the complication of the migration process. Migrating from one ecommerce platform to another is a lot of work, however, there are some great migration apps that can help you move your data.
Shopify platform offers guidance on completing the migration process. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Shopify experts today (via phone or email) and successfully complete the migration.
BigCommerce vs. Shopify: Which Is Best For Your Online Store? https://t.co/v95csJBPpy
— YFS Magazine (@YFSMagazine) 18 de septiembre de 2018